Heidi & Johann Rudolf Erne acquired the Hotel Blume in 1972 and launched operations on 1 April 1973. The Blume was a pure bath and spa hotel, typical of the over a dozen such hotels in Baden at the time! Guests normally stayed for 2 to 3 weeks, and this year after year.
For various reasons cures went out of fashion. Plane travel became less expensive, and health insurance no longer paid for cures. The generation of regulars began to die out and the town of Baden lost its appeal.
With the disappearance of spa guests, the hotel had to realign its position and tap into new business areas. Since then the Blume has firmly established itself as a seminar and business hotel. It is also a wonderful location for weddings and celebrations of all kinds!
Over the past decades the Blume has continually undergone careful renovation. As the building falls under cantonal historic protection, these renovations must be carried out in close cooperation with the Swiss Heritage Society. In recognition of this work, the Blume was awared the Canton of Aargau heritage prize in 2003.
In 2002, sons Silvio & Patrik Erne took over management of the Atrium Hotel Blume in second generation.
Renovations in recent years include:
- 2006 renovation / reconstruction of the Schindler lift number 2, the oldest Schindler elevator in operation
- Replacement of the atrium skylight
- 2009 renovation / restoration ceiling frescos in the Damensalon
- 2010 remodeling of the guest rooms on the 3rd & 4th floors
- 2012 installation of bathrooms in the last 3 rooms
- 2013 remodeling / construction Blueme spa
- 2015 renovation / new laundry facility
- 2015 refurbishment of historic oak parquet in the Jugendstilraum